Fat Loss Workouts with Dumbbells
You don’t have to head to the gym to blast fat away. All you need is a set of dumbbells and you have all the equipment you need for a great fat loss workout. While many individuals think that dumbbells only help with muscle building, building muscle and burning calories with a good dumbbell workout can torch that unwanted fat as well. When you lift weights, the body keeps working, even once you’re done with the workout. If you’re ready to start your own fat loss workout at home, grab those dumbbells and get ready to torch fat and calories.
Great Exercises with Dumbbells to Add to Your Fat Loss Workout
First, you’ll want to come up with some great exercises using dumbbells to add to your fat loss workout. Some of these exercises focus on specific muscle groups, while other dumbbell exercises use multiple muscle groups, improving the amount of fat you burn during the workout. Here’s a look at some of the best dumbbell exercises to add to your fat loss workouts.
- Exercise #1 – Dumbbell Squats – Holding dumbbells straight down at your side, do regular squats while squeezing your glues and abs. Use your quads, glutes and hamstrings to return to the original position.
- Exercise #2 – Lying Triceps Extensions – Start by lying down on a weight bench or on the floor. Hold dumbbells above the chest in each hand with palms facing inward. Keeping the shoulders in place, lower the dumbbells slowly back to the side of the head. Slowly move back to the starting position.
- Exercise #3 – Walking Lunges – Hold the dumbbells at your sides. Move forward into a lunge and then bring the back leg forward, swinging into a lunge. Continue as if you’re walking taking lunging, giant steps.
- Exercise #4 – Dumbbell Shoulder Presses – Holding a dumbbell in each hand, put hands at shoulder height with abs tight. Press the dumbbells up over your head. Return to shoulder height slowly.
- Exercise #5 – Dumbbell Step-ups – While holding dumbbells at your sides or in a curl position in front of you, step up on a low bench or step with one foot, bringing the other leg up alongside it. Hold for a couple seconds and lower back to the floor. Do sets with each leg.
- Exercise #6 – Chest Press – Lying down on a workout bench, hold dumbbells above the chest with palms facing towards your feet. Keep feet flat on the floor. Bend the elbows and lower the dumbbells to the chest. Hold for a second and push the dumbbells back to the start position while squeezing the chest muscles.
Other great dumbbell exercises to consider adding to your fat loss workout include:
- Alternating Dumbbell Chest Presses
- Rear Deltoid Raises
- Dumbbell Rows
- Romanian Deadlifts
- Split Squats
- Dumbbell Curls
Tips for Increasing the Results of Your Dumbbell Fat Loss Workout
Now that you have some great dumbbell exercises to add to your fat loss workout, it’s important to take measures to increase the results you enjoy when doing this workout. Follow these tips to maximize fat loss when you work out using dumbbells.
- Tip #1 – Add Bursts of Cardio – Start adding short bursts of cardio to your dumbbells workout. Run in place, do jumping jacks or use a stair stepper to get your heart rate going faster. Add 30-90 short bursts of cardio between dumbbell exercises. It will keep your heart rate up, maximizing your fat loss results.
- Tip #2 – Minimize Your Rest Time – Instead of resting between every dumbbell exercise, minimize rest time to only 30-60 seconds. This will increase your calorie burn, since you’ll be working out for more time. You’ll also keep your heart rate up throughout your whole workout, increasing your fat loss.
- Tip #3 – Try Combo Exercises – For more fat loss, do combo exercises, which burn more calories. For example, you could do a combination of a dumbbell squat into an overhead dumbbell press. Since you’ll be using more body parts in quick succession, more calories are burned.
- Tip #4 – Focus on Exercises That Use Multiple Muscle Groups – Last, focus on exercises that use multiple muscle groups, especially large muscle groups. Once again, this will increase the calorie burn and your fat loss.
With some great dumbbell exercises and a few helpful tips, you can create your own fat loss workout using dumbbells. You’ll be able to work out at home while doing exercises that provide excellent results.
Troy van spanje is a Personal trainer and Fat loss Expert.
Follow is blog. www.troyvanspanje.com